Our next speaking topic is Work. If you are new here and want to practice speaking on this topic, please fill out the form: https://forms.gle/BpaA9KyyeRmkJfmU6
You can refer to this introduction to understand the program “Pair speaking practice with eJOY”.
1- Discussion questions for Topic Work
- What is your job?
- Why did you choose that job?
- What was your first day at work like?
- Do you enjoy your job?
- What would you like to do in the future?
- Why would you like to be a …..?
- Did someone in this career inspire you?
- What will you do to prepare for your career in the future?
These are suggested questions. You may not want to limit your conversation to those questions. Feel free to add your own and raise any question to your partner during the online meetup. Besides, you may want to have an ice-breaking session at the beginning. Also, don’t forget to wrap up at the end of the discussion.
2- Suggested videos – Topic Work
You need to train your ears to get familiar with how native speakers talk about Work, and also to broaden your vocabulary.
eJOY Epic – Laptop
If you own a PRO eJOY account, you can learn with the following video to practice listening comprehension, grammar, and vocabulary.
Learn with Asking about jobs – Meet A Firefighter
Read more: How to learn on Epic.
eJOY App/ Go web – Mobile & Laptop
Below are English videos that you can practice with 4 skills (listen-speak-read-write) on eJOY App and eJOY Go web.
3- Prepare for the talk
This is the to-do list for you:
- Watch the suggested videos to get some ideas and vocabularies. Add new vocabularies from section 5 as well, if you need them. Use eJOY extension (laptop) or eJOY Reader app (mobile) to save them.
- Write your own answers to the questions in section 1 of this article. Try to answer them out loud by yourself as well.
- Set up your device, the platform you choose to make a call to your partner. Make sure your internet works well and you have a quiet place.
Please be noticed that:
- Audio call is used to make sure the connection stable
- Have free talk and maintain your conversation as long as possible with no limit.
- Turn on recording (if possible) so that you will have your audio file to review after the talk
4- Check in to find your speaking partner for topic Work
When you have done the homework, try your best to write down the answers to the discussion questions and do rehearsal on your own. And then, fill out the check-in form to help us find your perfect speaking partner who has the same English level, same level of confidence, and same time slot with you.
- We have been so close but we actually have never met.
- I’m currently an English teacher
- My main responsibility is to ….
- I like working by myself
- I would like to have more freedom
- I have a passion for digital marketing
- What I appreciate the most is that I can work wherever and whenever I want
- ever since I was a little girl, I have dreamt of becoming a writer
- This job gives me opportunities to pursue my dream to become a journalist down the road
- Hospitality follow my someone’s footsteps
- go extra miles
- partake in
- hands – on experience
- start – up
- Business commitments
- Switch off
- Sale executive
- Well – known
- Fast-paced environment
- Triggers my mind to access its full potential
- Real trouper