- A job interview with a young interviewer
- A business meeting with clients
List of suggested questions
- an appointment with someone?
- mind if I ask how old are you?
- aren’t you supposed to be wearing glasses…?
- you’re like … or smt?
- what area are you trained in technology?
- what are you proficient in?
- what does ABC stand for?
List of suggested vocabulary
Learn these vocabularies from Epic English app.
- Can I help you
- supposed to
- have an appointment with
- you know
- wearing an earth tone sweater
- be like sixty five
- look like that
- if you don’t mind
- kinds of research skills
- trained in technology
- adept at
- proficient in
- 3 years of experience
- comb through
- so for that
- stuff like that
- valued customers
- incoming shots
- stays the same
- stands for
- The new product line proved to be very lucrative.
- You’ll look elegant in that dress.
- High return
- We are capable of delivering the stock on time with the best quality.
- If you agree, we can sign the contract today.
- I’m supposed to have an appointment with Ms Ha from the Purchase Department.
- We won the Best Design Award of the year 2022.
- Why do you think it’s worth giving you the pay rise?
- Your reasons are not persuasive.
- I think the value I have brought is more than what the company paid me.
- My marketing campaign has grown our customer base by 30%.
- Our sales target is 10 million per month and I have exceeded the sales goal.
- I’d like to have my salary increased by 10%.
- You can pay for the property in advance.
- I usually stay silent during the meeting.
- My team doesn’t directly contribute to the sales but our quality of service is the unique selling point of our company.
- It was a tough year for us.
- We have had the worst year in our history.
- I know for sure we’re gonna have a layoff.
- My regional manager is very upset with our last year performance.
- Our EBITDA last year was negative.
- Last year we had a negative EBITDA.
- passive voice – present
- either or
The revenue either stays the same or goes up.
- Ex pe rience
- De ve lo per
- Po si tion
- Ad mi ni stra tion
- A ppoint ment
- A ffor da bly
- A Database administrator with 3 year sof experience
- Con vince
More listening (auto-generated subs)
- Listen to the following conversations,
- Identify the new words and expressions that you want to learn
- Compose a business meeting based on the ideas from the video you like (you’ll do a role play based on this script)
- Meetings: What Makes a Successful Negotiation? 0.38
- Business Negotiations – Business English For Negotiations 4.38 (4 conversations)
- Clarifying and Summarizing Points 0.52
- Making Offers and Proposals 0.56
- How to Negotiate in English – Business English Lesson 1.20 – 3.16
- Intolerable Cruelty (3/12) Movie CLIP – It’s a Negotiation (2003) HD 2.40 (Level B2)