Our next speaking topic is Food. If you are new here and want to practice speaking on this topic, please fill out the form: https://forms.gle/BpaA9KyyeRmkJfmU6
You can refer to this introduction to understand the program “Pair speaking practice with eJOY”.
1- Discussion questions for Topic Food
- What’s your favorite food?
- Have you always liked …. (the food mentioned in question 1)?
- Are there any foods you dislike?
- Do you enjoy eating with friends or eating alone?
- How often do you eat out?
- Do you like tasting new food?
- What are some traditional foods in your country?
- Do you think your diet is healthy?
These are suggested questions. You may not want to limit your conversation to those questions. Feel free to add your own and raise any question to your partner during the online meetup. Besides, you may want to have an ice-breaking session at the beginning. Also, don’t forget to wrap up at the end of the discussion.
2- Suggested videos – Topic Food
You need to train your ears to get familiar with how native speakers talk about Family, and also to broaden your vocabulary.
eJOY Epic – Laptop
If you own a PRO eJOY account, you can learn with the following video to practice listening comprehension, grammar, and vocabulary.
Read more: How to learn on Epic.
eJOY App/ Go web – Mobile & Laptop
Below are English videos that you can practice with 4 skills (listen-speak-read-write) on eJOY App and eJOY Go web.
- Why eating your favorite food is the best and the worst
- What’s your favorite food?
- Rotten Smell, Sweet Taste
- Preparing Osechi
- How to make traditional Irish Stew
- Tasting Turkish Food
- Vietnamese ‘Pho Ga’
- Food, Inc: What’s in your food?
3- Prepare for the talk
This is the to-do list for you:
- Watch the suggested videos to get some ideas and vocabularies. Add new vocabularies from section 5 as well, if you need them. Use eJOY extension (laptop) or eJOY Reader app (mobile) to save them.
- Write your own answers to the questions in section 1 of this article. Try to answer them out loud by yourself as well.
- Set up your device, the platform you choose to make a call to your partner. Make sure your internet works well and you have a quiet place.
Please be noticed that:
- Audio call is used to make sure the connection stable
- Have free talk and maintain your conversation as long as possible with no limit.
- Turn on recording (if possible) so that you will have your audio file to review after the talk
4- Check in to find your speaking partner for topic Food
When you have done the homework, try your best to write down the answers to the discussion questions and do rehearsal on your own. And then, fill out the check-in form to help us find your perfect speaking partner who has the same English level, same level of confidence, and same time slot with you.
- to be starving hungry
- to bolt something down
- to be dying of hunger
- to eat a balanced diet
- to eat like a horse
- to follow a recipe
- to foot the bill
- a fussy eater
- to grab a bite to eat
- to have a sweet tooth
- home-cooked food
- the main meal
- to make your mouth water
- to play with your food
- processed food
- a quick snack
- a ready meal
- a slap up meal
- to spoil your appetite
- a take away
- to tuck into
- to wine and dine
- to work up an appetite
- to be full up