Hey, guys! It’s time for our 1st topic for IELTS Speaking Part 2!
This time, you will talk about someone you know who speaks a foreign language well. Below are some questions and guidelines for this topic in IELTS Speaking Part 2. Please prepare for it and fill in the check-in form to find your speaking partner this time.
If you are new here, you may want to learn more about how the online speaking group works.
Speaking Part 2
Describe a person you know who speaks a foreign language well.
You should say:
- who this person is
- what language(s) he/she knows
- what he/she uses this language (or, these languages) for
- and explain why you think they (he/she) learned it well
Preparation time: 1 minute
Speaking time: 2 minute
NOTE: Your answer should be in the form of a monologue. The questions above are made just to give you an idea of what you can talk about. You should not answer the questions separately like in Part 1.
Speaking Part 3
- Is learning a new language important?
- Do you think if it’s possible to learn a language perfectly?
- Who do you think learns a language faster, children or adults?
- What benefits for one’s career can language learning bring?
- Do you think immersing in the native culture is important when learning a language?
- Do you think the growth of machine translation software is good or bad for language learning?
Speaking time: 5-6 minutes/session
Suggested videos for this topic
Useful vocabulary for this topic
Real-life conversations (n)
Mother tongue (n)
Native speaker (n)
Well-spoken (adj) (eg: a well-spoken person)
Brush up language skills (n)